What is the requirement for computer to install and run the program?
- Free disk space: depending on weather data included. Full installation amounts to about 13 MB, including 6.4 MB of weather data for selected U.S. Corn Belt states.
- Processor: Pentium II minimum, Pentium III or IV recommended
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 95/98/2000/or XP
- Video: 256 colors at 800 x 600 screen resolution or better
How to install Hybrid-Maize model software?
- From CD: Insert CD-ROM and the installation procedure will start automatically if the CD auto run feature of the computer is enabled. If the setup program does not start automatically, use Windows Explorer or ‘ Start a Run [CD drive]\Set up.exe'; to manually launch the file Setup.exe found on the CD. Then follow the on-screen installation instructions.
- From downloaded zip file: Unzip the downloaded file HybridMaize.zip into a temporary folder on the computer. Then launch the Setup.exe file and follow the on-screen installation instructions.
No questions asked installation: Hybrid-Maize will be installed in the default directory C:\Program files\Hybrid-Maize, including subfolders containing weather data.
Advanced Options Installation: Hybrid-Maize will be installed in the directory chosen by the user, including subfolders containing weather data.
The installation procedure will automatically set up a shortcut for launching the model on both the desktop and in the Programs list in the Windows Start menu on the lower left corner of the screen.
Where to get the weather data for using the model?
Refer to Section 2.3.2. of the User's Guide for information.
I have got weather data from a weather station, how should I prepare the data for using the model?
Refer to Section 2.3.2. of the User's Guide for instructions.